Monday, November 03, 2008

thirteen times!

The other day Mia told me she loves her Dad "as much as around the world three times" and me, her mother, "around the world two times" and her brother, Joshka, "around the world one time". Well, that's a lot of love, eh?

Never mind about the number of times her love circumnavigates the world - today she loved me THIRTEEN times around the world. HUGE.

My brave girl had her final pre-school immunisation jabs: one in the leg and one in the arm. Oh, it's so hard to be a parent and to know what's coming. She was very brave. But after the leg she was totally freaking out about having the one in the arm - burrowing into my neck to try to disappear... She didn't bawl but had enormous tears rolling down her cheeks, shame.

A lollipop from the nurse got the situation to be quite bearable again and Mia was even gracious enough to ensure Joshka got a lollipop too, regardless of the fact that he'd endured no pain. I gave her a chocolate reward on the way home (out of sight of her brother) and she was delighted to be "one up" on him, walking ahead, eating her treat.

I guess that's where the THIRTEEN times around the world came from.

5 Comments:

At 5:01 am, November 04, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Lind,
Please tell Mia how proud I am of her for being so brave. Tell her that I love her one hundred times around the world for seeing that Josh also got something even though he wasn't as brave as she was. Tell her that her unselfishness and compassion counts for more than all the love in the whole world.
She is a true princess.
All my love is hers today.
Ouma from efrica

 
At 9:02 am, November 18, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tell me - is "shame" a disctinctly SA word, or is it used in this way in NZ as well?

 
At 12:44 pm, November 18, 2008, Blogger linda said...

It's definitely a SA thing. Along with "lucky fish!"

:)

 
At 12:37 am, November 26, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose your frequent "ja"s doesn't help to blend you to blend in either...

 
At 7:59 am, November 26, 2008, Blogger linda said...

My 'ja's' have long since blended into 'yeah's' - only when in company of other ex-pats or Germans or Dutch (there are a quite a few foreigners!) do I let rip with a hearty 'JA'!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home