Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Drawings with a red pencil

The other day Mia was in one of her wonderful moods where she just amused herself and delighted me with her drawings which she presented every so often. The first was a picture of "daddy playing (touch) rugby". Interesting to see the new style of drawing with the t-shirt top and shorts. Mia asked me how to write "and" which features throughout this set of drawings.


Next she returned with a drawing of "daddy and the ambulance", complete with stretcher in the back (and patient). I love it!


Then she went off to draw me playing volleyball. Interesting to note the rugby posts in the background in the volleyball picture and the vollayball net in the rugby one! Lovely attention to detail in the ball shape for rugby as opposed to volleyball.



Then, since she'd drawn Dad in his workplace, she decided to draw me in mine. I think this is my favourite drawing. I am tucked into a little room with an L-shaped desk - perfectly depicted here, along with my computer and mouse.



Mia then decided to draw herself and her brother, Joshka, jumping on their trampoline, which incedently is 12ft round with a safety net around it...



Followed finally by a drawing of the park down the road: slide, swing, roundabout etc where Mia and Joshka like to play.

1 Comments:

At 6:37 pm, October 28, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PLEASE SAVE THESE DRAWINGS FOR MY TALK. THEY INCLUDE ALL THE IMPORTANT THINGS I NEED - X RAY PICTURE, FLIP UP PICTURE, FOCUSSING ON ESSENCE (DOES BEN WEAR SHOULDER PADS IN HIS T SHIRT FOR TOUCH RUGBY?) AG FABULOUS. I AM GOING TO CIRCULATE TO MY ARTY FRIENDS. SHE IS ALREADY APPROACHING THE SCHEMATIC STAGE WHERE THEY USE GEOMETRIC SHAPES TO CREATE SYMBOLS THAT STAND FOR THINGS (LOLLIPOP TREES, TYPICAL HOUSE WITH TRI-ANGLE ROOF ETC). HOW LOVELY THAT YOU CAN SHARE THIS.
LOTS OF LOVE
OUMA ANON

 

Post a Comment

<< Home