Monday, October 20, 2008

Garden

Today, with the help of Ben's parents, we are going to 'mulch' the garden. We have lifted (and sold) all the white stones that were here - I quite liked them but they were high maintenance to keep looking clean with all the flower and leaf droppings, and a pain to move around when trying to plant something new. I also have my reservations as to how good they were for the soil and plants. In any case, I weeded the area yesterday, so all we are waiting for now is a truckload of mamaku mulch to lay down over the garden bed.

It's probably a good idea to lay down some newspaper underneath, but since we don't have any, I'm thinking perhaps I should load the car with the recycling and go and PICK UP some newspaper from the depot...cunning plan? Two birds with one stone kind of thing?

Right then. Off to load the car.

2 Comments:

At 8:57 am, October 20, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have just left a comment and again it isn't here.
Anyway, I think you are clever to fetch newspapers.
And I am glad to read about what keeps you busy.
see my email.
love
mom

 
At 9:21 am, October 20, 2008, Blogger linda said...

it takes a little while, but here it is!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home