Thursday, October 23, 2008

Well received.

The letter I wrote to Mia's kindergarten was well received. The head teacher (who I addressed the letter to) called me aside and wanted me to confirm her suspicions of which teacher(s) I had been referring to and did acknowledge that due to many factors things had not been picked up, but she thanked me for keeping them on track: " I love it that you wrote that" was what she said. I had hoped she would take it the best possible way, which I think she did. As it turns out there's a teacher-only day next Tuesday so I'm sure the subject will be on the agenda. Furthermore I volunteered that my mother give them a pep talk on the topic of young children and drawing when next she's here (May 2009) which was also well received.

I'm glad I wrote it down and delivered it. Better than the verbal route which sometimes gets me emotional and tongue-tied!

4 Comments:

At 9:01 am, October 25, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

excellent :)

 
At 1:56 am, October 26, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well well well, who would have thought that you would agree to your mother giving a talk? That means that she would have to get her arse into gear and gather photographs to prove her points! Nothing says it better than a picture.

 
At 8:16 pm, October 27, 2008, Blogger linda said...

yes! My mother... who else can say it better?

 
At 4:07 am, April 09, 2018, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn’t know you did this. Good for you, Linda. You not only helped the students this year but also those to go through kindergarten there in the following years. Talk about making a difference. Very cool!
xxJulie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home