Tuesday, November 11, 2008

7 years on.

I've just come back from a couple of days in Auckland where I had fun walking the streets and window shopping with my sister- and mother-in-law. They showed me some of their favourite little places and I had a lovely time at a relaxed pace, to look, feel, see and do what I wanted. We had coffee, a lunch date, a 4pm drinks date, followed by dinner - lovely! A real treat.

Of course it tied in nicely with my vow to not work on 10 November, which is the anniversary of my sub arachnoid brain haemorrhage. (Congratulations to me for being able to spell that whopper!) A day to reflect on what is important and what isn't. Firstly it's a day to remember to be thankful for having pulled through and for having more time to enjoy LIFE. Time to appreciate my family and my friends and my health. I may whinge about this or that not being right, but actually, I need to remember how much worse things could have been.

It's been 7 years since it happened and wow, what a lot has happened since then! I have two beautiful children, a wonderful husband, an amazing family and fabulous friends. Too bad so many of the people I love are well and truly scattered all over the world!






(That's Joshka's version of a ballet arabesque).

1 Comments:

At 12:48 am, November 13, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ag how beautiful your children are, and how can they be anything else with such beautiful parents? Mia is already a little girl - tall and looking elegant and Josh looks more and more like Ben but with such soulful eyes. How special they are Linda. And how thankful I am that you were given more life. I get quite tearful when I think about how easily it could have gone wrong. Enjoy every minute my angel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home