Monday, August 25, 2008

gold medals.

The doctor has awarded a 'gold medal' for ear infections to my two children. They are both on antibiotics (which they love the taste of) and will both be checked again after 2 weeks. Thereafter we'll test them each on their hearing to ascertain if there is cause for greater concern. It's good to know. Mia's nose should calm down and the irritation should go away thereby stopping the blood... all in all we hope to have more cheerful children soon.

Their mother certainly feels more cheerful having tried on her pre-pregnancy favourite blue corduroys, and wearing them the whole day yesterday without that cutting-in-to-the-midriff feeling. Plus, although there were on-again-off-again rain showers today, it was warmer, and there are blossoms appearing throughout the neighbourhood... Now, hopefully my anti-histamine pills will work throughout the spring so that I don't feel like scratching my face/arm/leg right off. At least I know, if things get bad, I can have another injection (steroids!) which makes the world of difference. I know it's not the best thing for me, but honestly, it helps so, so, so, so, so much in all aspects of my life - life is good again. I had one of these injections just before going back to South Africa in January (knowing that I suffered badly on my previous visit) and things were infinitely easier - I didn't have to worry about people's pets or the flora in their gardens or the amount of dust in the corner, or the pollen floating in on a breeze... I could enjoy every moment without a nagging allergy (or asthma) thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home