Friday, August 01, 2008

boyflu?

Josh has a cold - according to the doctor. Ben reckons it's a bit of a manflu thing. In any case, Joshka's mattress is propped up slightly, he has Vicks on his chest (and the soles of his feet - the instep part)(will try any and all remedies that claim to work!), has had a spoonful of honey, all his asthma pump medication, some water, and seems to have finally gone to sleep. I was wondering how long he'd be up tonight since he had TWO sleeps today...UNHEARD OF!

I am looking forward to playing some volleyball this weekend. It's been a long while since I played a match and I am eager to give it my all. I endeavour to stretch properly and have a good warm up so I don't do my back any more damage (than is absolutely neccessary). And I will wear my back brace too - it seemed to help at training. The hardest part will be to deflect all things bitchy (that come with the territory unfortunately). I seem to have a bit of a personality clash with one key player who can't help herself but to be crass, rude, obnoxious and "otherwise".

1 Comments:

At 5:25 am, August 03, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Instead of taking "in" the negativity, reflect it right back to the source, even if it is only in your mind.... and do not react to her. Remain superior by not showing her that she has any effect on you.
tee-hee! Or, disarm her by being exceptionally nice and complementory. Fight her with goodwill and see what happens.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home