Saturday, August 23, 2008

cunning plan.

Ok, so it's not raining. Hooray! Sadly my children are not feeling that hot - the tail end of this cold that everyone's had, combined with interrupted sleep, and so they are not the best playmates, or children to take on outings. I considered taking them to the local market that happens every Saturday morning so we could buy the usual 6 samosa's for $5, play in the nearby playground, perhaps buy some tomato plants for the veggie garden, maybe even bump into a familiar face... but Mia was sneezing heavy duty sneezes, which in itself is not too bad, except that today, she has loads of blood in her snot. She is fascinated by it, but I decided it was just easier to contain them both at home, bloody snot and all, and to perhaps just keep them warm and fed so they can recover faster. Mia is definitely not herself - she had a fever during the night for 4 nights in a row during the week, but by day seemed okay. She persisted with going to 'kindy' and swimming lessons and ballet lessons, but I know she's under the weather.

So after packing away the dried laundry, putting on a new load, tidying up my bedroom, unpacking the dishwasher, changing Joshka's nappy, I formulated my cunning plan: to bore them to sleep while I do the recycling! As I write this now I have 2 sleeping beauties having a midday snooze. Surprisingly Mia fell asleep in the car while I was sorting through the recycling, but Josh remained alert and awake until I got home. I hung up the washing (after plonking Mia in my bed - not so easy putting her in the top bunk!) with Joshka 'helping' and then we both climbed into the hammock for part 2 of my cunning plan. Swinging gently and humming 'twinkle twinkle little star' I tricked my boy into falling asleep all curled up on me. One of the best feelings in the world for me - to have a little warm body fall asleep listening to my heartbeat. I breathed in the smell of him and slowly, ungracefully, emerged from the hammock, dodged the washing under the canopy and carried my boy inside to his room where I lay him down on his bed and pulled up the blanket.

And walked down the passage to my office. Ta da!

2 Comments:

At 7:24 am, August 25, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very upset to hear about Mia's condition.

 
At 9:06 am, August 25, 2008, Blogger linda said...

off to the doctor today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home