Saturday, August 09, 2008

Let the games begin.

Does anyone else fight back the tears when they watch the Olympic opening ceremony? Surely it's not just me? Or maybe it's because I'm feeling under par...susceptible to mood swings and raw emotion. Maybe it's the fact that my sinus's are blocked and that any movement of the head sends a dull, but prominent, knocking pain through my head. As if, when I lean forward, my (heavy) brain is landing on the inside of my forehead. Never mind, it too will pass! In the grand scheme of things it's not major, but right now, it's a dampener. Can't get my grumpiness to go.

Grumpiness aided by two small children who won't eat their breakfast or lunch or dinner properly and who then moan and whine for 'treats' the minute after their plates are cleared. And who continue to perform for hours for same said treats. Which don't come.

That aside, wasn't that opening ceremony spectacular?! Wonderful.

2 Comments:

At 3:31 am, August 13, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is DEFINITELY not only you who cries over man's superb overcoming of limitations and allowing almost spiritual levels of achievement. It creates a huge lump in my throat, makes my arm hairs stand up, robs me of sleep and makes me shed warm tears. So we must be one of a kind. I know for a fact that we are not alone in this.
The sinchronised diving, the gymnasts, the swimmers, the volleyball players, ag, all of it moves a person to tears.
Guess who?
Plus, I am in excellent health.

 
At 1:55 pm, August 13, 2008, Blogger linda said...

Great about your health mom-anon.
I am far less grumpy too. Even if my washing is getting wet in the rain...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home