Wednesday, December 20, 2006

sun?

It's that time of year again and feel like I've come full circle. We're off to the family beach house for Christmas (no computer) just like last year. Last year I was hugely pregnant and totally disorganised. This year I'm still not organised, but not embarrasingly so, and a little less exhausted. I know what to expect this time - Christmas is a big event for Ben's family! We'll be having a brunch with Ben's mother's family (11 or so adults, 3 children) and dinner with Ben's father's family (20 or so adults, 9 or so children) but we're missing out on a Christmas Eve dinner with more family because they're spending their holidays in Australia - so not as busy as last year when there were a few more family members present. With second cousins, cousins and cousins once removed, I've decided on plain old 'cousin' to make things a bit simpler to explain to Mia. But no doubt we'll be trying to work out who's once removed, or twice removed, over a drink or two. I'm looking forward to it.
I haven't sent out any cards or written any letters to anyone. I'm sorry. I still haven't found a place to put my clothes and bits and pieces in the house, so it hasn't been at the forefront of my mind. I've still got a few days to sort out a few presents...
Anyhow, let's hope it stops raining so we can enjoy the beach (I knew we shouldn't have watered the garden!). It'll be a while before I can post again, so, merry Christmas!