Thursday, November 23, 2006

8 months

Joshka started the day yesterday (the day he reached 8 months!) at around 5.30am -as usual, and I tried, in vain, as usual, to get him to sleep j-u-s-t a little LONGER. GRR. At around 6.45am, after having been crawled upon for an hour or so by Josh-the-speedy-chameleon (rock-rock extend arm...GRAB and pull, rock-rock...)I thought I may as well get up. So Mia (who was also in the bed) and I threw off the covers and left Josh in the middle of the bed. I took one step to grab a jersey for him, when I heard a horrible 'thunk' and then a shocked and loud cry from my little boy who had landed face first on the cold, concrete floor...stuck, with feet waving about in attempts to crawl out of his predicament. GUILT PANIC GRAB HUG KISS STROKE...he's ok - a little graze on his nose. He has full mobility, is the same grumpy, squirmy, wriggly boy when I change his nappy...still eating, drinking, pooing (5 poo's in one day!!??) da-da-dading and ba-ba-babing, smiling charmingly and leopard crawling into all the cupboards and baskets and under tables and chairs and almost down stairs... His favourite time of day is still getting undressed just before his bath. His least favourite time of day is still getting dressed just after his bath. So no serious damage done by the fall...by the negligent mother.

Oh, his 2 top teeth are making an entrance into the world too. Possibly the reason for his early and grumpy starts to the day? Only...he hasn't been teething for the last 8 months now, has he?

3 Comments:

At 3:28 am, November 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

at last I get to post!
Poor little guy falling on his noggin - but that doesn't make you the negligent mother *slap*

You rock missus - can't wait to see more pics.
*hugs* Ness

 
At 8:17 pm, November 24, 2006, Blogger linda said...

hey there.Hmm, once we've moved all our stuff to our house, including computer, I can find the thingy to recharge the camera battery so I can download pics onto computer etc etc. I've lost track of what's where and why.
MIN DAE!
x

 
At 7:16 pm, November 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ag how well you describe the whole situation - almost as good as being there myself! I know that guilt - when you were exactly 8 months old and very beautiful, my maid allowed you to fall out of your pram and you had a graze on your cheek - I have photographs of it. Heaven only knows what she DIDN'T tell me! It was before Gadiga. Don't worry - all children have excellent guardian angels anyway and they are also hardy!
love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home