Friday, December 29, 2006

It was fun

Well, we had a great Christmas - back on the beach - almost like we never left. Just a shame the weather didn't play along...we're still hearing weather reports of snow in places. We're not supposed to have snow in December in the Southern hemisphere! But I guess there's no snow to speak of in the skifields in Europe...strange but true. I spent most of the time in denial and was c-c-c-c-cold, but I insisted on bare feet and shorts!

Christmas is a big event for Ben's family and needless to say a BIG event in the life of a 2 year old. A very clever 2 year old who asked me today: "Is Santa real or pretend, mommy?". That threw me a bit! Ben points out that even if I admit to him being 'pretend' it wouldn't be devastating to her since her best friends are all 'pretend' at the moment (Piglet and Pooh Bear).

We did have a lot of fun, us adults, getting it all prepared...and leaving a beer and some Christmas cake for Father Christmas (I say Father Christmas, they all say 'Santa'...Mia pronounces it 'centre' at times, which can be confusing!NZ accent comng through). The best reactions came from Mia as she opened all the little presents in her stocking (the FIRST presents): "Ah how LOVELY!" she would exclaim, "how booful!" (pink underwear). And the sweets and lollies were just the best for her - could hardly get any breakfast into our little girl. And naturally there were tears when the sugar surge faded, but all in all a lovely, busy, eventful day.

2 Comments:

At 8:56 am, December 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, is father christmas real or pretend? I need to know.....

 
At 3:49 pm, December 30, 2006, Blogger linda said...

If you don't know if he's real or not, I'm not going to be the one to spoil things for you!
...I didn't give a definitive answer, I managed to answer a question with a question instead. We'll leave him as real for now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home