Friday, September 19, 2008

yay

In amongst all this avo craziness I received a phone call from someone who had picked up my business card (l left a lot at the printers) and who wanted some help to design a logo and her corporate ID. This is my absolute favourite kind of work and so, I gave her a quote, to which she quickly agreed. We met, we talked over a coffee, we shared ideas and I couldn't wait to get started on her job! I've been hooked to my computer trying to get it right and presented it to her within a week. She loves what I did and thinks I'm the best. I'd like to share what she wrote to me today:

"Hi Linda,

I've just emailed a client for whom I'm finishing a franchise manual, and have included the following paragraph.. I hope you don’t mind.

“I am also pleased to be able to recommend the services of a wonderful graphic designer here in Rotorua. Her name is Linda Page, the director of Page Design Ltd. I’ve encountered many designers over the years but Linda is a breath of fresh air – her work reflects the aspirations, goals and objectives of the client, attention to those little details that matter, promptness and cost efficiency, ability to understand the direction of a business, and then translate it all into superior design work. I’m not sure if you are looking for a designer for any of your materials but just in case, Linda is great and I would be happy to provide you with details if you wish.”

See you Wednesday.

Cheers
Maria"

How lovely is that!?

5 Comments:

At 7:55 pm, September 22, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is the naked truth dearie! Nothing less.
Glad you are finally recognised by somebody with insight. Hope this little wave hits many shores.
I am, as always, very proud of you.
lots of love
mom xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 
At 9:23 pm, September 22, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very naaaice =)

 
At 11:33 pm, September 25, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

excellent!
maybe you should print that on your businesscard!

 
At 7:34 am, September 26, 2008, Blogger linda said...

It's a great feeling to be acknowledged like that. I told her it was possibly the best write up I've had - apart from perhaps my mother! I need to update my website with her stuff soon, so I'll stick it up there somewhere!
Yay yay yay.

 
At 7:34 am, September 26, 2008, Blogger linda said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home