Monday, September 29, 2008

current addictions

I've recently been 'tagged' again (same culprit! justbcoz) and have been thinking and thinking about it. I am to list my 5 big addictions.
Rules:
* Post at least five current addictions and why you’re addicted to them
* Link to the creator of the meme (Being Brazen) and to the person who tagged you
* Head your post with “Current addictions”
* Tag at least two people and pass on the above rules

The problem for me has been to determine which things are compulsions compared to addictions and the other things that are simply a necessity. For example: do I list my anti-histamine pills I take every morning as an addiction or is it just a drug that helps me function. I don't derive any pleasure from it, but I'm pretty dependant on it!

1. It's easy to list Coca-Cola as an addiction, even though I've been 'dry' (ha ha) for quite a while...I know the minute I have a sip of it that I could easily go back to consuming litres and litres of it. I just love the taste of a cold and really fizzy coke; it just hits the spot. So, that's easily my number one addiction.

What about things like squeezing pimples or peeling off flaky bits of skin with tweezers? Addiction or compulsion? Hmm.

2. I am addicted to my little boy's laughing giggle: I just love hearing it. A tickle will suffice if I haven't heard it in a while.

3. I am definitely addicted to my morning snuggles with my children. I really feel like I've missed out if it doesn't happen. I love the hands that touch my skin and the close embrace. Much better than an alarm clock.

Ok, so what about my asthma pump? I know I need it. I wouldn't cope without it.
4. Yes, ok, I list my asthma pump as another addiction.

5. A major addiction: facebook. I just can't help myself! I have to check who's online, who's been tagged in photos recently, and what's going on in other people's lives. It's the mundane stuff that keeps me connected. Somehow knowing someone's excited because they're getting a puppy, or because they're pregnant, or because they went flying in a hot air balloon, or because their child won a medal...it makes me feel a closer connection to them. And I am reconnecting with friends I would otherwise never have contact with again. Hooray for social networking! A HUGE addiction for me.

So, who to tag?
Vannessa. If you still read this, which I doubt.
Melanie. C'mon girl. Get writing again. I know your husband will pass on this good news... :)
heh heh heh

1 Comments:

At 8:47 pm, October 02, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no dear you are not addicted to your medication - without it you can die. It is a necessity.
You forgot about your secret nibbling of biscuits when no one is around.....
heh heh heh to you too!
guess who?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home