Tuesday, June 05, 2007

sorrow

I've been thinking a lot over the last 2 weeks, but finding it difficult to write anything down. Sadly, we are mourning the death of Ben's cousin, Kyla. She is being buried today, in the UK. Memories of her have been with me as I wake up, all through the day, and as I go to sleep. It is just too sad to bear. Looking at photographs of her, hearing her words, her laugh, seeing her smile...and thinking of the battles she fought. I take heart from the fact that her husband truly made her happy in what were to be her last years, and am gladdened that they never took a moment for granted.

It makes me think how fragile life is, and how precious my loved ones are. In death, there is a reminder of life, an almost imperceptible nudge to appreciate the here and now and all those I hold dear.

2 Comments:

At 8:10 am, June 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know and agree with every word you say.
I have been feeling the same.

 
At 3:49 am, April 06, 2018, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kyla was one of the first cousins I met, besides Ben. She was so warm and friendly to me—the kind of person who immediately makes you feel welcome and at ease. I liked her instantly. She is very missed. Xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home