Wednesday, May 16, 2007

tsk tsk

It's been a bleak sporting week in New Zealand with losing in BOTH rugby semi-finals, and... AND losing the netball against England and Australia. There's not been a lot of rugby talk around here, but I'll bet South Africa is just buzzing! After waking up to watch the netball on breakfast tv and witnessing close, but sadly, no cigar matches, we are now focusing our attention to the sailing in Valencia for a NZ win.

In my own little sporting world, I am happy to be playing netball - going to training and a match as well as going to a volleyball practise. I can't seem to get the extra time to do Pilates as well, which I think is the most beneficial thing for me. My body is protesting, I have to admit. First it was my calf muscle goin 'ping' then when I'd recovered enough from that, somthing in my foot went 'snap!' and now my back's 'out'. I know I know I know, but no, I won't stop playing. I feel SO much better (even if it's just my headspace). I need it. Pilates and yoga are great, I enjoy them too, but I need a sport. I'll get there...I will, I will, I will.

I had a lovely bruise to prove that my limp was legitimate. Now, oddly enough (not) the outside of my foot hurts - I guess from walking stangely?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home