Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Here we go.

Of course this morning Joshka awoke around 6am, as Ben was getting up for work. Ben deposited him in the bed with me and there we lay and wriggled until Mia woke at 7. He lay still for a bit - the best was when he snuggled closer (forehead on my temple) with his arm around my neck, with a firm grip. I was kicked, had my hair pulled, my closed eyes poked by inquisitive little fingers wanting them open, slapped and kissed. I'm not complaining. Then in came Mia for a snuggle of her own, nimbly avoiding Joshka's proffered kiss. Then everyone UP and out and get ready for the day!

Yesterday, when Josh and I fetched Mia from school, she politely asked if we could PLEASE go to the park QUICKLY before we went home. I explained to her that Joshka and I had not had lunch, so we could go, but only quickly.
"So we can go to the park quickly before we go home so Mommy and Joshka can have lunch?"
"Yes we can."
She screwed up her face in delight, did a little skip, did 2 thumbs up in front of her face and squealed: "CHOICE!".

It hit me. Just then. My children are going to be typical Kiwi kids. And here starts the slang.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home