Friday, November 17, 2006

weed it!

well, I'm not a gardener. Not yet anyway. Maybe now that we have a house I might be able to manage it...But up until now I feel I am only qualified to weed. So, while staying here with the in-laws, with their huge expanse of lawn (with a lot of weeds) and time on my hands (ha ha - such a lady of leisure!) I am happy to offer my services in that department. It's not a sought after job, I'm sure, so at least I feel I can contribute something. Anyway, as with any task, I have to incorporate Mia, and to some extent, Joshka. So there we were, the 3 of us on the grass - Josh leopard crawling (fast) to catch me before I jumped to the next patch so he could catch me again, and Mia busily pulling out anything she could grasp in her fingers (I'm sure she couldn't have done much damage to the real grass) while giving me a high-pitched running comentary of what she was doing. I showed her a particular kind of weed - looks a bit like a clover to me - which I thought she could easily identify and eradicate. Her response: "OH! That looks like an orchard to a mouse!"

2 Comments:

At 8:53 am, November 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Mia is very insightful indeed and quite astute in her observations. Of course it would look like an orchard to a mouse!

 
At 5:45 am, November 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

he is indeed so pink to love!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home