Wednesday, November 08, 2006

busy busy busy

I have a brochure, a logo, a corporate ID, a wedding invitation, a newsletter and a few websites to design. Crikey, better get a crack on then!
I also have a house with lots of walls that need to be painted before we can move in … not to mention 2 small children to look after. We’re still living out of suitcases rather than unpacking them and finding places for our stuff. I’ve been wearing the same outfit over and over again (top 3 t-shirts in bag, with top 3 trousers) – I don’t even bother putting it away – my laundry pile is my next day’s outfit.

But one thing about staying here with the in-laws, in the countryside, you don’t hear any traffic. Or fireworks. I just realized we didn’t hear even the faintest ‘sizzle’ of a Guy Fawkes fire cracker –not the merest glimpse of a shower of light in the sky – apart from the very bright and beautiful stars. And maybe the hoot of an owl, Ben told me that what I was hearing was an owl called the ‘more pork’. I thought he meant ‘mawpawk’ but no, definitely MORE PORK. Apparently that’s what it sounds like it’s saying. A bit like the ‘Piet my vrou’ in SA, just a bit lower in pitch. I keep waiting for the ‘vrou’ part, but no, it’s just 2 sounds: more pork. When we’re city slickers in Rotorua (Rotovegas), I doubt we’ll have such quality nightlife around us.

And there are enormous bugs here. Huge moths. They like computer screens. At the moment I’ve trapped one under some of Mia’s books that were handy.

2 Comments:

At 7:49 am, November 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello linda-lou, good to hear from you, and photos are great! Winter is setting in and my toes and knees are freezed once more! Can't wait to see pics of your house - hopefully with some of your 'stuff' in it! xxx

 
At 10:03 pm, November 10, 2006, Blogger linda said...

It's supposed to be summer here, but we had a fire roaring last night, and I'm considering my thermals for pyjamas! I can't wait to move in and play house house. Can't wait! xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home