Thursday, November 02, 2006

pop up flag

I learned an interesting thing the other day…I never knew why postboxes (at the end of your driveway or or garden or wherever) had little pop-up flags on them. I’ve seen them in movies and things, and I’ve seen them about, but I never knew what the flag was for. I suppose it’s because I grew up in S.A. and I imagine it’s unheard of there (I was certainly in the dark)…but if you want the postman (or postlady, as is the case here) to PICK UP some mail to be posted, you pop up the flag. FANTASTIC! I wish I’d known sooner – I wouldn’t have agonised about getting the kids all packed in the car (if I had one at my disposal) just to zoot off to the post office to post a cheque promised 2 days before. I suppose it’s a bit of a necessity out in the countryside, but I am really impressed.

Somehow I can’t see it catching on in South Africa.

Joshka now has 2 little bottom teeth and a very red cheek. He is a champion crawler and is nearly up onto his knees from the leopard crawl. He’s still doing a pretty good impression of a mop…dribble dribble slide slide. He is very much into sharing at the moment – finds great delight to try and put his teething rusk into MY mouth. I tried to coax him to sleep tonight with a dummy, only to have him pull it out and try and pop it into my mouth all the while grinning and giggling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home