Thursday, December 04, 2008

Big boy






Today is the first day of the rest of my life, I guess. Today my little charming boy, went to kindergarten with his sister and is still there. Even though he's only 2 and a half, we decided he could have a little time at kindy overlapping with Mia, so as to assist his transition. (They normally start at 3yrs). He usually goes to drop Mia off and we stay until 9.30am which is mat time (and snack time) before heading home again, but today at 9.30 Josh was walking around announcing to everybody "it's mat time now!" Mia showed him what to do - showed him that it was time to wash hands, making sure nobody bumped into her little brother (very protective!) and the last I saw of them they were running to the mat with their lunch boxes...not even a backwards glance.

So I took a slow, reflective walk home, and wondered if I'd truly appreciated my time that I had with my boy at home. Had I done enough? Had I neglected some areas so that I could have a quick turn on my computer? Have I nurtured him enough or have I just been happy to let him play with his sister - allowing me more time to myself? I don't know. All I know is of course I could have done more, or less, but I can't change it, except to just keep cherishing the moments I do have with him at home on other days. At the moment it's just 2 days (Thursday and Friday) that he is in somebody else's care.

1 Comments:

At 3:28 am, December 06, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course you did enough Linda. You are privileged to be at home while your children are small. You yourself can notice the difference between that and children whose parents work. They are blessed to have you as a mom. You are an excellent parent - both of you are. No guilt necessary.
It is always hard to "let go". Your beautiful little boy is a gem. You are blessed with him.
Now look after yourself a bit more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home