Thursday, March 01, 2007

Saturday night...

I've spent the day yesterday cleaning windows at the in-laws...(so what? you ask). Well, if that's what you're thinking, you obviously have not had the pleasure of being to their lovely house. You see, you're hard pressed to find a wall in their house. It's mostly WINDOWS. Windows that double as doors. Doors that double as walls - when all the windows/doors are open, there's no clear indoor/outdoor boundary. It's fantastic! Except, of course, when it comes to cleaning them! It took 2 people the day. I did the outside and Sue did the inside. It was our mission to clean every possible window, no matter how high or out of reach it was. All manner of methods, but we did it. Of course, you're probably still asking yourself why? In preparation for the big wedding taking place this weekend. One of Ben's lovely sister's is getting married. And it's going to be beautiful.

Mia is going to (hopefully) be a willing and able flower girl, throwing flowers before the bride in her puffball white dress with little white roses and ribbons. (Mia's dress, that is).

It's going to be fun getting all dressed up again - it's been ages and ages and ages and ages.

Today I remembered something a girlfriend told me (you know who you are!)and went and bought myself some...-blush-...'granny' panties: the ones that conceal one's post-pregnant-and-still-not-in-shape belly.It's a temporary quick fix but if it instills a little confidence, then I'm happy to have it. As I said, it's been a while since I've dressed up and those things I used to wear just don't quite work anymore! Oh well.

I'm still trying to find a volleyball club to join for the winter - that will help. I've always been better at excercising if it involves some sort of game. I might have to opt for netball instead. That's what you do here in New Zealand - even the boys play netball. Grown men even watch netball...on TV...on a Saturday night! UNBELIEVABLE. But most definitely true. Unless there's rugby on.

3 Comments:

At 1:02 am, March 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see Mia in her puffball dress and YOU in your lovely dress and confidence building underwear (tee-hee)! I think Mia might steal the show? How can she not - she is just so special and beautiful and expressive and imaginative and intelligent on all levels.....

 
At 9:44 pm, March 02, 2007, Blogger quantumf said...

I quite flatly refuse to believe it

 
At 1:46 am, March 07, 2007, Blogger Ness said...

Yay for great big grannie pants - truly they rock!

can't wait to see pics - more of you please!

*hugs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home