Sunday, February 08, 2009

jumping on the moon

Mia wants to go to the moon one day - she wants to jump on the moon because "the gravity's not so much on the moon, you can jump really high". To go to the moon, her daddy tells her, you will have to be an astronaut. And to be an astronaut you have to be very clever and do very well at school. "I'm going to do everything my teacher tells me to when I go to school..." says Mia, on her mission to become an astronaut to jump on the gravity-challenged moon, at age 4. Nearly 5. One more week before she embarks on her school life. In New Zealand one starts school on the Monday after one's 5th birthday, or on the day if your birthday is on a Monday, which Mia's is. So I will be joining the rest of the school run and take part in the daily traffic jams. It'll probably take 10 minutes instead of 5. What me worry?

Oh where has the time gone!?

1 Comments:

At 8:59 am, February 13, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, an astronaut! That's a big jump from being a princess.....
She is already clever enough in my book though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home