Saturday, December 13, 2008

My first mountain bike experience.

I went for my first ever mountain bike ride yesterday! (I am reminded of it constantly with the bruise-like pain between my legs!) It wasn't a long or strenuous ride, but it was through the forest we have here and it is SO geared up for mountain biking of every level. I really enjoyed it. I hope to do more next year. We borrowed a bike from Ben's work partner just so I could try it out. I just have to get out of the habit of sitting down when I ride a bike - there is a lot of 'up' time in the saddle where one has to brace for bumps, bend the elbows to absorb the bump...and have two fingers on the brakes...

Of course, this was only possible because both the children were at kindergarten, so YAY, let's make it a habit! Good fun, and definitely an escape from the housework that never ends!

1 Comments:

At 8:21 pm, December 14, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it possible for you to hire household help once or twice a year just so that every nook and cranny can be thoroughly cleaned? Sort of like having carpets sucked out, windows cleaned, furniture cleaned by professional people with those cleaners that can suck 6 inches deep? (especially since you are haunted by allergies?) Will it be too expensive? I just think that doing housework is part of your depression. I would die if I had to do it all the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home