Tuesday, February 03, 2009

3rd February 2009

I really have so much to write, to tell. However, that can wait. For today is the day my third grandparent, my Ouma, has died. She suffered in the last days of her life, she was in pain...but when she went, she went quietly and peacefully for which I am grateful. I am so helpless sitting here on the other side of the world unable to comfort my mother in any way or to give my Ouma any last messages, but I will just remember that everything is understood in death and that she would therefore know my thoughts that are directed at her. It was just a few hours ago that she passed away.

1 Comments:

At 2:20 am, February 04, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you Lind. The sadness was greater while she was alive and suffering, so think of her now as she was when you stayed with her as a little girl. I have just read a letter she wrote to Jocky about how she enjoys having you there, how bright you are and how you devour every book she brings you and how you and oupa play cards while she cooks and how she will miss you when you are not there.
I am keeping it for you.
You were recovering from a stint of pneumonia (after hospitalisation) and I obviously had to work. doh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home