Sunday, April 27, 2008

24

That was possibly the hardest night we've endured as parents. Of course it was pretty terrible for our poor children. In the end Ben and I each slept in a room with one child on opposite ends of the house so as not to wake each other with all the multiple nappy changes and comings and goings in the bathroom. Mia and I would wake up hourly with Mia frantic to retch in the bowl, all doubled over and groaning. My poor girl. It continued this morning but slowly abated so they could at least sip their water without having to dash for the bowl. It was a very sad sight to see a little boy begging, limply, for water in the kitchen, whimpering. It broke my heart. Eventually though, they have managed to keep their Marie biscuits down and really like their flat Coke!
I decided today that even though it was a horrendous 24 hours, children who are on the mend are actually really lovely to have around! They are calm, manageable, affectionate and they don't wriggle much! Joshka crawled onto my lap this afternoon and just sat there with his head on my chest and arms around me, until he fell asleep. (UNHEARD OF!). Mia needed cuddles as well and snuggled up to me on the other side, clinging to my right arm and fell asleep too. I soaked in the rare moment. There were lots of lovely gentle, quiet moments today with both children and they were just lovely. I can see they are on the mend, which is gratifying. I hope, after all their daytime sleeps, they still manage to sleep all night.

And most of all I hope not to contract the same horrible bug as they did. Could do without that.

1 Comments:

At 12:44 am, April 29, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

have you tried dry toast (no butter) with marmite and hard boiled eggs? I don't think bikbik is a good idea and of course you know about no dairy. How about some lucazade or something like an energy drink? Or jelly for some energy?
I really feel for all of you. It is horrible when one feels so completely helpless when your babies are so ill. I am really so sorry and am sending HUGE waves of healing vibes.
all my love too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home