Friday, March 21, 2008

Closed for business

What a fool! A fool with tunnel vision, focusing only on one thing and no other. Not factoring in the whole picture. I knew it was a public holiday today, the day before my little boy's 2nd birthday. I knew Ben would be home to distract the children while I play wife-wife or rather, mum-mum, and bake and prepare for tomorrow. I'd do what I could in the morning and then I'd pop to the shops for the final preparation shop. Er... "doos" is a word that springs to mind...the shops, of course, are closed. It's not all bad, it just means a few things won't be done! Forget it, I say, I'll do it some other time. I did go down to the little dairy/shop on the corner to buy eggs and icing sugar and smarties, so I can complete my baking task of chocolate cupcakes. But now, with the pressure off, I am taking the afternoon off with the family and going to swim in the beautiful clear fresh water of the Blue Lake and forget about it for a while. Probably the best thing to happen I suppose.

1 Comments:

At 10:03 pm, March 25, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maiAg don't be so hard on yourself. I am sure Joshka didn't notice and that the party was a success. You are not the only "doos". I tried out me Weber the other night for the first time, and closed the bottom vent when the fire was half way done and in doing so, I also closed off the ventilation so the fire died..... All because I saw Jeanne's one didn't have a bottom vent and her braais were excellent! Now she tells me it has a vent - only it looks different from mine... doos indeed. My common sense did kind of "nag" me a bit I must say in my defence.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home