Sunday, April 20, 2008

Dog Piñata and Lady with Trolley

It's school holidays again... Time to be an active parent and engage in all sorts of entertainment for my children. Luckily drawing is still one of Mia's favourite activities (as long as I keep Joshka away from annoying her) and she has been presenting me with absolute gems of late. Mia is fascinated with letters and how they form to be words and is making "books" and writing pages and pages of "letters" and "stories" that are quite lovely. I hope to spend some quality time with her while Joshka has a snooze to look at letters and how we make them and what they mean when we put them all together. Here are two drawings she came up with in the last two days. I note with interest that a sky(line) has been introduced and that the fascination with FIVE fingers has reduced somewhat. I also find Mia's "4" quite charming!

1 Comments:

At 7:41 am, April 21, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just LURVE Mia's drawings. Thank you for including them. The skyline is interesting in that it appears on its own. When the baseline appears it signifies a social awareness and her place amongst others. Often the beginning of less creative images and loss of the confidence that she has at this moment. Long may it last. Thank you. They are gems.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home