Thursday, October 19, 2006

bye bye blue house


Ben is at work tonight and Mia is on an 'adventure' sleep over at David and Jo's (Ben's parents)...and Zorro the dog, Fish and Albert the cats, and Angelface and Butchie the cows. Joshka is asleep and I am in charge of the final bit of packing. The computer goes into a box last.
I had a little walk on the beach by myself to say a quiet goodbye to this lovely place. It's been amazing to be able to live right on the beach and to hear the waves all the time. Every day the ocean is different so the view out of the window is always a new treat. It's been a once-in-a-lifetime experience to live here for 6 months - we'll forever be tied to a mortgage now, or a job, or a school. I always said, while in limbo, what better place to be!? When things got a bit much I could just bundle Mia down to the beach to ease the cabin fever.

It seems sand in the mouth is not a hindrance when you have no teeth. Joshka was exploring his surroundings while sitting on my lap yesterday. He found his sandy toes very enticing snd had no qualms about the crunch. More bothered about me trying to get it off his face.

1 Comments:

At 6:00 pm, March 23, 2018, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I think the ocean only gives people who “get” it the opportunity to live by it. Very special.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home