Thursday, August 13, 2009

loss

This year both my parents have had to deal with the loss of their last surviving parent. After living such a long time with one's mother around, it surely must leave an enormous void when they finally do pass. It got me thinking about the inevitable death of my parents and how truly lost I would feel. Having my father go in for heart surgery (atrial ablation) had me dreading the worst case scenario and wondering if I'd said everything I'd wanted to say to him or whether there was something more I could do or say. Of course being so far away from my both my mother and my father is hard, but the fact that I can talk to them if I need to (phone, text/sms, email, skype) is enough of a comfort. If either of them should die, well, ...

I know I would be feeling a lot worse than I have been this week after finding out about the death of a very dear friend, who was only 37.

The grief and sorrow was heavy. It still is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home