Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Babies

Coming home from school today, with the children in the back, Mia(5) asks:
"Why do babies come out of their mummy's cookie*?"
Um, I didn't realise she's remembered our chat from 3 and a half years ago, so I just answer, "Because that's the way out."
She thinks for a second and then says, "Well they couldn't come out of our mouths or they'd get scratched by our teeth."
Fine logic my sweet girl.
:)


* That's what we call a vagina - it's a South African thing. Actually something I'm quite grateful for here in New Zealand when my daughter yells out "My cookie's itchy!" etc. As they do.

1 Comments:

At 6:20 am, August 20, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is actually a "koekie" (Afrikaans). Much nicer than a vagina. And a totie or a "willie" is also much better than a penis. Who agrees with me?
And how did the cross country go?
Mia is just too clever - imagine if babies came out through our mouths... Oh my god!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home